Sunday 7 January 2018

Weekend

This weekend was a good balance of family time and fun. On Sunday we went for a woodland lunch with some new friends from Bodgers, a wood working group Andy attends once a month. I hunkered down in the -1 degree weather with some knitting by the fire.


But I didn't last long it was so cold on my fingers. We took lunch to share - I took a mahoosive pot of sausage and broccoli pasta which was well appreciated by everyone. I learnt a great tip: if you smear the outside of your pan with washing up liquid before putting it on the fire, it doesn't go black and if it does, it washes off like magic.


I guess these ones have been used too many times now!


The children ran off and played on a rope swing and ran around the trees to keep warm while the adults looked for wood for their next woodworking projects.


It was great to talk to so many knitters and makers of all kinds.


I was particularly impressed with one boys confidence in spitting a piece of wood to make a spatula.


Andy made this rustic cheese board as a wedding gift for me back in November. It was used a great deal over Christmas. He also found this amber brooch in an antique shop which I love too.


I knitted more more on Sunday afternoon after a warm bath; I have some new knitting plans to show you. Hope you all had a good weekend. 
Jo xx

7 comments:

  1. This looks like fun, Jo, especially mingling with other knitters. Eating outside, especially when it is chilly, does wonderful things for the appetite :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun (if a bit chilly). Some funky hats out there, particularly like the one with the triangles on. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful get together. My hubby would have loved looking for wood to use in his projects, but maybe not the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely weekend Jo!
    We used to smear the pans with washing up liquid when cooking on the open fire at brownie camp - it's funny how you totally forget these little gems of advice until decades later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you didn't freeze! It looks like chilly fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! That cutting board is totally perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the brilliant tip about the dish soap! The making in your family is so inspiring, Jo. Thanks for posting :) xx

    ReplyDelete